how to fix ink cartridge problem
A common cause of the “Cartridge Problem” message is the gold contacts found on an electronic chip on the body of the HP cartridge being obscured with dirt/ink or even physically having been damaged.
What will happen?
- Visible decline in print quality.
- Ink streaks or blotches.
- Printer will refuse to print.
- Turn the printer on.
- Open the door to access to the cartridges.
- Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.
- Push in on the front of the cartridge indicated in the error message, and then remove it.
- Wipe the electrical contact on the cartridge with a lint-free cloth.
Step 2: Reset the printer
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.